- The business must be independently owned and operated and have a significant business presence in New York State.
- One or more service-disabled veterans, with a service-connected disability rating of 10% or more from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (or from the New York State Division of Veterans’ Affairs for National Guard veterans), must own at least 51% of the business.
- Service-disabled veteran ownership must be real, substantial, and continuing.
- The eligible service-disabled veteran owner(s) must have (and exercise) authority to independently control the day-to-day business decisions.
- The business must qualify as a small business* under the New York State program.
- The business must be located in New York State or have a significant business presence* in New York State.
- See additional eligibility requirements in New York Codes, Rules and Regulations Part 252 Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business Enterprise Program:
What qualifies as a small business* in New York State?
New York State small business minimum eligibility requirements:
- The business is independently owned and operated
- The business has no more than 300 employees and has a significant business presence in the state but is not dominant in the field.
If you have any questions about this eligibility requirement, contact OGS at 518-474-2015.
What qualifies as a significant business presence* in New York State?
As defined by the NYS SDVOB program rules and regulations, the business must be authorized to do business in New York State, and make a contribution to the New York State economy through:
- the payment of taxes
- the purchase of made in New York State construction, construction services, non-construction services, technology, commodities or products
- any payroll in New York State.
How to Reapply as an SDVOB
Step 1: Log in or Create an Account
Certification Application Now Online!
Go to the NEW Service-Disabled Veterans' Enterprise System and click on the "Certify or Manage my Business" or the Login button in the top right corner of your screen:
Existing Users - WATCH How to Log Into the Portal
New Users - WATCH How to Create an Account
If you created a new account, an email will be sent for you to make a password. Once you have created the password return to the SDVOB Application and log in with your newly established username and password.
Step 2: Claim Your Existing Business
Once you've successfully logged into the system, select the option to “Create a Contractor Account”. Select the “I am an existing New York State Vendor” option. Enter your Federal Employer Identification Number. Select “Find my Business”. You will be presented with your certification information.
WATCH how to claim an existing registered business
Step 3: Fill Out the Online Application
Once you've successfully logged into the system, click on the "SDVOB Certification" button on the left side under "Portal Navigation" and follow the instructions for each section of the application.
WATCH how to fill out each of the 3 primary sections of the application:
1. Business Information
2. Applicant Information
3. Financial Information
Step 4: Review, Attest, Sign & Submit
Complete the attestation and electronic signature and submit the application. If there is more than one owner, emails will automatically be sent to all additional owners to get them to attest and electronically sign the application. Once that has been completed, the application may be submitted.
WATCH How to Review, Attest, and Collection Signatures
Contact Division of Service-Disabled Veterans' Business Development
At any time during the submission process, the application may be saved, and you will be returned to where you left off when you sign in again.
If you have any difficulties or questions, please reach out to the Division at [email protected] or call (518) 474-2015.