Vehicle Buyer Information
Welcome to the New York State Vehicle Marketplace, where authorized users can acquire vehicles of all types and sizes (Class 1-8) from a variety of vehicle dealers on contract under award 23166 by having OGS post their vehicle needs (a mini-bid) for vehicle dealers on contract to respond to. This means there are more types of vehicles and manufacturers available on contract to compete for your business, resulting in competitive pricing. Some dealerships also offer lease vehicles.
Please be advised that the New York State Office of General Services (OGS) contract for the eProcurement platform will expire on October 31, 2023. The eProcurement platform will not be replaced, and OGS will be conducting a webinar for Authorized Users on September 13, 2023 (at GovBuy), that will cover changes to the vehicle procurement process that will be made as a result of the platform expiration. For more information on the webinar, including information on registering, please visit NY GovBuyU.
How to Buy Vehicles
Buying a vehicle is easy. Just follow the steps below. For questions, contact [email protected].
- Identify your vehicle needs and develop specifications for your request. The request may be either for specific vehicles or for any vehicles that meet the specifications provided.
- Obtain any internal approvals that are necessary to purchase a vehicle for your organization.
- If you are not already an authorized user for OGS centralized contracts, contact OGS Customer Services at [email protected] to complete the eligibility application to receive your OGS Customer ID Number.
- Read the Registration Instructions document (which includes important instructions on how to enter your entity’s FEIN on the registration form), and then register your entity on the eProcurement platform for the Vehicle Marketplace.
- IMPORTANT NOTICE please read before proceeding: The Vehicle Configuration Tool is not functioning for SPECIFIC make and model searches. Please refer to this page of Vehicle Specification Resources and Vehicle Manufacturers for assistance in developing vehicle specifications.
- Once you have registered, and OGS has confirmed your registration, complete the vehicle request form.
- We will post your mini-bid request on the platform. Contracted vehicle dealers will view your request and submit responses within the platform.
- After the mini-bid response due date, you will receive an email with a link to the results. You can then evaluate the responses and determine if you are going to award the mini-bid or not. Please refer to the document Evaluation and Award Instructions for additional information.
- Once you have made your decision, notify all the dealers on contract who responded using the platform’s notification system.
- After you have issued your Purchase Order (or decided to make no award), return to the platform and enter that information.
For complete instructions on how to navigate the platform, please download the Vehicle Buyer Instructions document.
The following vehicles and equipment cannot be purchased through the Vehicle Marketplace.
- Heavy Construction Equipment: Equipment which is intended for heavy work including earthmoving, construction, lifting containers or materials, drilling holes in earth or rock, concrete or paving application or street sweeping (aerial lifts, large towable air compressors, generators, light towers, concrete saws, earth compactors, rollers, backhoes, motor graders, skid-steer loaders, bulldozers, wheel loaders, trenchers, utility tractors, excavators, forklifts, and sweepers), as well as other related attachments and equipment. If you are interested in heavy construction equipment, use Award 22792.
- School Bus: Every motor vehicle owned, leased or contracted for by a school and operated for the transportation of pupils under the age of 21 years, children of pupils, teachers and other persons acting in the supervisory capacity, to or from school or school activities. If you are interested in school buses, use Award 23000.
- Transit Bus: A rubber-tired automotive vehicle used for the provision of public transportation service. This exclusion only applies if your purchase is being made using FTA funding. If you are purchasing a transit bus using FTA funding, use Award 23170.