Agency Profile Procedures
When planning your travel with the state, please use the travel services of Child Travel New York, Inc., d/b/a Direct Travel (DT). They provide online bookings through their Online Travel Reservation System (Concur), and their experienced travel counselors help the state save money.
As you plan your business trip, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Your agency finance office must request DT's profile form and provide basic information for all travelers that may be required to travel.1 This form includes a list of all travelers for your agency along with their email address and legal first and last name.
- Each agency is required to identify at least two (2) key contacts in the event DT requires assistance. Updates to key contact designation can be sent to DT’s Account Manager, Mike Moretti at [email protected].
- Please provide the following information when updating key contact information:
- Email Address
- Key contact(s) must notify DT at [email protected] when an employee leaves or joins the agency.
- Please email [email protected] and request the required agency profile form. The completed form must be submitted via email to [email protected].
- Shortly thereafter, Direct Travel will send your agency travelers a welcome email to their agency email address that will provide detailed registration and training instructions to access the Online Travel Reservation System (Concur).
Concur Solutions — Online Travel Reservation System
What should I do the first time I log on to Concur Travel?
Upon receipt of your welcome email letter, the first time you log into Concur Travel you should
- select a password
- complete your profile
Before you use Concur Travel to reserve travel, click the “Profile” link and then “Profile Settings” to review and update your profile.
You must save your profile and complete all required fields before you first attempt to book a trip in Concur Travel. If you would like to assign a travel arranger, you may add that person at the bottom of your profile. More information is outlined below.
Training videos are available on the Concur home page under Company Notes. Click on the “Read More” tab and move all the way to the bottom. There is also a free monthly training session for which you may enroll. To register for this class, click on the link at the bottom of the page.
What are the required fields on the profile page?
- Your full name matching your picture identification
- Contact telephone numbers
- Email address
- TSA information.
- Optional fields include travel preferences, such as frequent flier information and seating preferences.
What if I do not book my own travel?
In Concur, you can select an assistant or arranger to reserve your travel.
On the “Profile” tab, click “Profile Settings” and go to the “Assistants and Travel Arrangers” section.
Click “Add an Assistant” to add the person who you would like to authorize to reserve your travel. This person can now update your profile and make travel arrangements for you.
If you do not see your travel arranger in the list of people to select from, that individual might not have access to Concur Travel. To add your arranger to the list, send a request to [email protected].
How many primary assistants can I have?
You may only have one primary assistant but may assign multiple people to the feature: “Can book travel for me.”
Can one travel arranger set up travel for all travelers?
Is my information entered in the travel profile shared with anyone?
Only you as the traveler and the travel arranger have access to the profile information. The travel arranger does not have access to your personal credit card information.
Can I book travel for guests and other non-state employees?
Please contact Direct Travel at (800) 774-0655 or your finance office to set up a profile. Once the profile is set up with Direct Travel and you are given the guest booking privileges, go to the left-hand side of the home page and select “Book for a guest.”
Who should I contact for technical assistance with Concur?
Hours of operation and contact information are located on the main Concur landing page.
You may contact online support between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. M – F at 1-800-999-7939 or via email at [email protected].
Keep in mind: Airline and rail transaction fees through the Online Travel Reservation System (Concur) are only $4.95. This is significantly less than the agent-assisted airline transaction fee of $14.95 and is less than fees charged on most airline travel sites.
New: Password Reset Procedures
How it Works
Concur Password Reset is Now Automated
- The traveler calls Direct Travel's new support number at 844-652-9948 and presses 4 for password resets.
- Direct Travel added a new phone prompt to their online support number that includes the option for Concur password resets. With the use of automation, Direct Travel will look up the caller from their call-in number.
- If the traveler's number is found in their profile:
- The password reset instructions for the caller's online booking tool (Concur) will be sent to their New York State email address on file.
- If the traveler's number is not found in their profile:
- The caller will be offered the option to text their NYS email address to complete the process.
- Callers will always have the option to speak with a support specialist.
Please be reminded that travelers are required to follow their travel guidelines and obtain the necessary travel approvals before purchasing travel. Please contact your agency finance office for questions related to your travel authorization policy.
Contact Direct Travel
For information and reservation assistance please contact Direct Travel.