No college degree is required if you have at least one year of commercial or residential HVAC experience. You can also apply with certain qualified military experience, successful completion of a BOCES or technical school program, completion of a recognized apprentice program, or an associate’s degree. Get a full list of minimum qualifications.
APPLY TODAY IF YOU ARE:
- Experienced in the operation, maintenance, and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment, including those that provide:
- Someone who enjoys thinking on your feet, tackling field investigations, and troubleshooting repairs
- Interested in a hands-on position that presents new and diverse challenges daily
- Ready to get your foot in the door and start your career with New York State
YOU CAN EXPECT TO:
- Operate and maintain boilers and auxiliary equipment
- Assist in troubleshooting repairs and replacement of steam distribution equipment
- Clean boilers and power plant equipment
- Work under the direction of Plant Utilities Engineers
- Use computer programs to manage project details
- Work full-time, 40 hours per week
- Work nights, weekends, and holidays based on shift assignment and operational needs
- Have an opportunity to work overtime
- Be considered for promotional opportunities
OGS is always accepting applications for these positions. If you are interested, you only need to follow three easy steps:
- Fill out the application form for the position.
- Fill out the questionnaire that asks you to provide information about your work experience and education.
- Email the completed application, questionnaire, and a copy of your resume to [email protected]. In the subject line of the email, be sure to reference the job vacancy number that is located on the application.
You can also mail the completed application, questionnaire, and resume to :
Plant Utilities Assistant
New York State Office of General Services
Corning Tower, ESP, 31st Floor
Albany, NY 12242
If you have questions about the application questionnaire please email [email protected] or call us at (518) 473-5282.
What to expect after you apply
Your application questionnaire will be reviewed and scored based on the type of experience that you have. Once your application questionnaire has been scored, you will receive a message from OGS letting you know whether your score meets the requirements for the position. Applicants who have scores that meet the requirements, will be considered for open positions.
Based on the number of applications received, OGS anticipates reviewing applications on a quarterly basis.
If you have questions email [email protected] or call us at (518) 473-5282