The Office of General Services (OGS) would like you to be aware of the following Amtrak Multi-Ride Service Changes for New York State government frequent travelers.
As part of RideReserveSM program, Multi-Ride tickets will now require confirmations for travel beginning on September 14, 2020. Choosing your trips ahead of time helps manage capacity and promotes physical distancing on every train as well as keeping customers informed about gate and track information, schedule changes and more.
RideReserveSM is available at Amtrak.com, the Amtrak mobile app or through an Amtrak customer service agent. More information at: https://www.amtrak.com/ride-reserve
Terms & Conditions Changes
Reserving Your Trip
- Confirmation is required prior to boarding any reserved train/thruway bus
- Confirmations are allowed as early as 14 days prior to departure or as late as scheduled departure through Amtrak.com or the mobile app, or until actual departure via an Amtrak agent
- Up to 2 confirmations per travel day, once in each direction
- Confirmations must be made between the origin and destination selected while purchasing the pass
- Not available on sold out trains
Rides will continue to be deducted from your Multi-Ride ticket when the ticket is scanned on board. Amtrak RideReserveSM confirmations do not deduct rides from your multi ride ticket.
- Passengers with a disability, customers who want to upgrade and customers who want to carry on additional items will continue to book a reservation through an agent
- Applies to customers that purchased Multi-Ride tickets prior to and after September 14
Canceling Your Trip
- Confirmations may be canceled through Amtrak.com, the Mobile App or an Amtrak agent until actual departure without penalty.
- Current Multi-Ride refund rules will continue to apply.
This information was posted on the OGS website at: https://ogs.ny.gov/procurement/amtrak-multi-ride-eticket-new-york-state-government-travelers
All questions should be directed to the Statewide Travel Coordinator.