The Office of General Services (OGS) would like you to be aware of the following Amtrak Multi-Ride eTicket available for New York State government frequent travelers.
Amtrak offers a Multi-Ride eTicket for government travelers from the Albany or Hudson station to New York/Penn Station.
Rules & Conditions
Eligible Users: Only New York State government employees traveling on official state government business may purchase and use this ticket. Valid State Government ID is required for purchase and during travel.
Fixed Number of Rides: Valid for six (6), one-way rides. Reservations are not needed or permitted.
Fare Rules: $336 - for six (6) coach rides between the qualifying city pairs listed below. This ticket is valid on all trains, except the Lake Shore Limited (trains 48/49). Upgrading to business class in not allowed under this fare plan. Discounts (e.g. AAA, senior citizen, etc.) are not allowed. Fares are subject to change.
- Albany/Rensselaer - New York/Penn Station
- Hudson - NewYork/Penn Station
- Yonkers - Hudson
- Yonkers - Albany/Rensselaer
- Croton-Harmon - Albany/Rensselaer
If the passenger using a Multi-Ride eTicket wants to board before the originating city on the ticket or beyond the destination city, a separate ticket must be purchased for the travel segment(s) not covered by the Multi-Ride eTicket at the fare currently being charged for the additional travel segment(s).
Ticket Validity Period: 90 days from the date on the ticket.
Typically, the ticket is valid for travel for 90 days following the purchase date. However, you can specify a different start date. For example, if you purchased a Multi-Ride eTicket on June 1, you could request a starting travel date of July 1. This ticket would then be valid from July 1 for a period of 90 days. In all cases, the ticket will not be valid after the 90 day period expires.
How and Where to Buy:
- Tickets must be purchased in person by the person traveling at the following train stations: Albany/Rensselaer (ALB), Hudson (HUD), New York-Penn (NYP).
- A NYS Government ID must be presented when purchasing the ticket.
- Multi-Ride eTickets may not be purchased at Amtrak.com, travel agencies, or on the train.
Guidelines for Ticket Use:
- The Multi-Ride eTicket can only be used by the person whose name is printed on the ticket.
- The passenger must possess a New York State Government ID during travel.
- The Multi-Ride eTicket must be presented to the train conductor upon request. The conductor's eTicketing mobile scanner is programmed to detect Multi-Ride eTickets and will reject the ticket if presented on a train for which it is not valid.
- The conductor's eTicketing mobile scanner validates the ticket and deducts one ride from the ticket every time you travel. If you think a ride was deducted in error, contact the Amtrak Customer Support Desk to adjust the number of remaining rides on the ticket.
- Do not laminate your Multi-Ride eTicket. Laminating it will cause problems with the conductor's mobile scanner.
Lost Tickets: All Multi-Ride tickets are eTickets. It is the passenger's responsibility to safeguard their ticket and reservation number. If the passenger loses the Multi-Ride eTicket document, another ticket may be printed by an Amtrak agent using the reservation number. However, if you do not know your reservation number, Amtrak cannot guarantee that the ticket will be found.
Refunds and Exchanges:
- If none of the rides are used, full refund or exchange is allowed, less a 20% administrative fee.
- If one or more rides are taken, no refund or exchange is allowed.
Tracking Use of Tickets: Passengers can determine the use and number of remaining rides on the ticket by providing the reservation number to the following:
- Albany/ Rensselaer, Hudson or New York-Penn station ticket agent
- Amtrak customer service at 800-USA-RAIL
- Train conductors
Amtrak Guest Rewards: Amtrak Guest Rewards (AGR) points are earned for Multi-Ride ticket purchases if the AGR member number is included when the ticket is purchased. Points are credited after the Multi-Ride ticket validity period has ended.
This information was posted on the OGS website at: https://ogs.ny.gov/BU/SS/Trav/AmtrakMultiRide.asp.
All questions should be directed to the Statewide Travel Coordinator listed above.