REMINDER: The period for filing requirements for 2016-17 is now open for:
- Road salt
- Treated salt
The deadline for submitting 2016-17 Road & Treated Salt Filed Requirements has been extended to June 7, 2016. If you plan on using the OGS contract for either, please submit your requirements online at: https://online.ogs.ny.gov/psgfiledrequirements/default.aspx. You will need your username and password for the filing system. If you don’t have it, you need to create a new filing account.
To register for the system, you will need your OGS Customer ID number. If you do not know your OGS Customer ID number, you may contact Procurement Services Customer Services at 518-474-6717 or [email protected] to obtain your OGS Customer ID number. If you do not currently have an OGS Customer ID number, you will need to contact Customer Services to register for one. When you submit your requirements:
- Make sure to update your contact information and delivery location.
- The minimum annual requirement is 22 tons (44,000 lbs).
- You must purchase at least 70% of your requirement for each delivery point, or 50% of your requirement for each delivery point if an awarded county is for solar salt.
- You are guaranteed delivery of up to 150% of your filed requirement amount for each delivery point.
- Ordered quantities over 120% of the filed requirement will be subject to a 10% price increase.
- Ordered quantities over 130% of the filed requirement will be subject to at least a 15% increase.
Requirements must be submitted no later than June 7, 2016.
You will not be guaranteed delivery unless you file your requirements during the filing period. Incomplete or late submissions may result in exclusion from this year’s contract. Once your requirements have been submitted, please print a copy of the confirmation page for your records.
If you are having trouble logging in or creating an account, please see pages 2 & 3 for instructions.
There is a known compatibility issue between the online database and Microsoft Internet Explorer. Please complete the following steps before contacting Customer Services for assistance:
1. In Internet Explorer, click on Compatibility View Settings found under the Tools menu near the top of the browser (see image below).
2. In the box that pops up, type ny.gov in the field under Add This Website and click the Add button located to the right of the field. The web address will now appear in the box labeled Websites you’ve added to Compatibility View. Click the Close button in the lower right corner of the box (see image below).
3. Proceed to the OGS Filed Commodity Requirements Homepage and attempt to log in with the existing username and password. Please note that both the username and password are case sensitive. If the username or password are invalid, a new filing account will need to be made with a new username and password. Click on Create a New Filing Account and follow all instructions.
The online database is OGS’ primary collection tool for the filed requirements and authorized users are requested to make every effort to submit requirements via the online database; however, if you are still experiencing problems filing requirements after attempting the above steps or if you are unable to file requirements via a Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Mozilla Firefox web browser, please complete the form below. Authorized users should complete the form electronically, print, sign, and scan and email a PDF copy to Bailey Baleno at [email protected]
NOTE: OGS intends to extend all 2015-16 contracts for Road Salt and Treated Salt for 2016-17. All current contractors with the exception of Cargill, Inc. - Deicing Tech. Business Unit, have tentatively agreed to waive the minimum filed requirement obligations for 2015-16; therefore, authorized users should take this into consideration when filing requirements for 2016-17. If necessary, authorized users should revisit the database and adjust 2016-17 filed requirements that may have been previously submitted accordingly.
Please carefully read directions before completing this entry. IF DELIVERY IS REQUIRED FOR MORE THAN ONE LOCATION, separate entries for each delivery point must be entered.
The filing and submittal of this Salt Requirement will be considered authority for OGS Procurement Services to make a contract for your requirements of ROAD SALT and TREATED SALT for the September 1, 2016 to August 31, 2017 Contract Period. YOU ARE LEGALLY OBLIGATED TO PURCHASE A MINIMUM OF 70% OF YOUR FILED REQUIREMENTS DURING THE CONTRACT PERIOD.
The form is on pages 4 & 5 of the attached document.