05602 – Diesel Fuel, Ultra-Low Sulfur and Biodiesel
05500 – Fuel Oil, Heating (Grades #2, #4, #6, Kerosene, Bioheating)
OGS Contracts: Elizabeth Gocs | 518-486-1821 | [email protected]
The period for filing requirements for November 2016 – August 2018 is now open for the following fuels:
- Diesel Fuel, Ultra-low Sulfur and Biodiesel (On-Road Use Only) (RL197)
- Fuel Oil, Heating (Grades #2, #4, #6, Kerosene, Bioheating (RL198)
If your agency is planning on using the OGS contract for either of these fuels, please submit your requirements online by January 5, 2016 at: https://online.ogs.ny.gov/psgfiledrequirements/default.aspx.
You will need your username and password to enter the filing system. If you don’t have it, you need to create a new filing account. To register for the system, you will need your OGS Customer ID number. If you do not know your OGS Customer ID number, you may contact Procurement Services Customer Services at 518-474-6717 or [email protected] to obtain your OGS Customer ID number. If you do not currently have an OGS Customer ID number, you will need to contact Customer Services to register for one.
New This Year: Hedging/Triggering
This year we are surveying users to determine interest in participating in a hedging/triggering (fixed price) program in the future. We added the choices of yes, most likely, least likely, or no. Please respond to one. Hedging/Triggering - is a binding agreement between the authorized user and contractor that establishes a negotiated futures contract for a fixed (locked in) price for a set period of time and for an agreed upon monthly quantity.
The filing of your fuel requirements will be considered authority for OGS Procurement Services to award contracts for these requirements for the contract periods indicated. Once your requirements have been submitted, your agency is obligated to purchase its required fuel from the fuel vendor that is awarded a contract for that fuel type and delivery location. You must not enter into any other fuel contract during the indicated contract period.
When submitting your agency/building’s fuel requirements, please refer to the “Fuel Requirement Submittal Guidelines” and:
- Make sure the contact information, billing information, delivery location, and tank information is correct.
- Make sure your requirement covers the volume of fuel your facility is expected to use in one (1) year.
- List all volume requirements in gallons.
- Include storage capacity and explain any special delivery requirement(s) (e.g., gallons per week or month, hours of delivery, winter blend, extra-long hose required due to location of tank, etc.).
- Respond to hedging/triggering question.
Be sure to print your confirmation page for your records.
Please note that it may not be feasible to procure certain fuel grades via statewide fuel procurement, regardless of the submitted filed requirement in either standby or non-standby quantities. If a fuel grade is prohibited due to environmental or other regulations, or a fuel grade is underutilized or obsolete, Procurement Services reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to remove it from the scope of the statewide fuel procurement at any time prior to contract award. If a decision is made to remove a fuel grade from the scope of the statewide fuel procurement, Procurement Services shall provide written notification through the Purchaser Notification System of such decision. Although requirements may be requested, bids and awards for all requirements may not be made.
197 – Diesel Fuel, Ultra-Low Sulfur and Biodiesel (On-Road Use Only) Contract Period: 11/11/2016 – 8/30/2018
198 – Fuel Oil, Heating (Grades #2, #4, #6, Kerosene, Bioheating) Contract Period: 11/21/2016 – 8/30/2018
When submitting your agency’s/building’s fuel requirements, please pay close attention to the following:
- Make sure your contact information is current. Please review the information associated with your delivery site and update it if necessary. Include anything that is missing (including phone numbers and email addresses) and remove information of any person who no longer works at the delivery site. If there are issues with your filing or in awarding a contract for your county, Procurement Services will be unable to contact you if the information is out of date.
- Information for tanks, requirements and locations needs to be accurate.
- All required volumes for both commodities must be submitted in GALLONS.
- Please explain any special delivery requirement (e.g., gallons per week or month, extra-long hose required due to location of tank, hose over water delivery, hours of delivery, winter blend etc.).
- List only one (1) year (12 months) of requirements for each fuel type as indicated.
- Include these fuel specific requirements:
|Diesel Fuel, Ultra-low Sulfur & Biodiesel (On-Road Use Only)
||Fuel Oil, Heating (Grades #2, #4, #6, Kerosene, Bioheating)
|• Minimum annual volume must be 5,000 gallons. • Minimum delivery quantity must be 250 gallons per location. • Fuel Types: Regular Diesel (2D or 2-D) Premium Diesel (2PD or 2-PD) B5 – a blend of 95% petroleum diesel and 5% soy-based product B10 – a blend of 90% petroleum diesel and 10% soy-based product B20 – a blend of 80% petroleum diesel and 20% soy-based product • Please indicate if winter blend is NOT required and/or any other details pertaining to your winter mix blending requirements. • Use of diesel
||• Minimum annual volumes must be the following: Grade #2 – 2,000 gallons Grade #4 – 4,000 gallons Grade #6 – 10,000 gallons • Fuel Types: (each fuel type will be TW or MT) Kerosene (does not use TW or MT) #2, distillate fuel oil #4, heavy distillate fuel oil #6, heavy residual fuel used in industrial burners o 2, 4 & 6 (MT) Motor Transport delivery is over 5,500 gallons one time into one tank. o 2, 4, & 6 (TW) Tank Wagon delivery is less than 5,500 gallons at one time into one tank o 2, 4, & 6 B2, B5, B10 & B20 denotes the ratio of Fuel Oil to soy content. Examples are B2 is 98% petroleum and 2% soy, and
- Respond to Hedging/Triggering question.
- Please print a copy of your confirmation page for your records.
By filing your fuel requirements, you are giving consent to OGS Procurement Services to award contracts on behalf of your facility for the contract periods indicated.
Please note: Once your requirements have been submitted, your agency is obligated to purchase its required fuel from the fuel vendor that is awarded a contract for that fuel type and delivery location. YOU MUST NOT ENTER INTO ANY OTHER FUEL CONTRACT DURING THE INDICATED CONTRACT PERIOD.
For assistance, please contact OGS Customer Services at (518) 474-6717 or email to [email protected]
Requirements must be submitted no later than January 5, 2016.