To Prospective Bidders:
OGS has completed its evaluation of the proposals submitted and has made the following tentative awards for Lot 1, Workgroup Printers & Multifunction Printers (MFPs), to the following vendors:
Tentative Primary Contractor: Oki Data Americas, Inc.
Tentative Secondary Contractor: Lexmark International, Inc.
Lot 1: Workgroup Printers & Multifunction Printers (MFPs)
- Workgroup Printer Black & White - Low End
- Workgroup Printer Black & White - Midrange
- Workgroup Printer Black & White - High End
- Workgroup Printer Color - Low End
- Workgroup Printer Color - High End
- Multifunction Printer Black & White - Low End
- Multifunction Printer Black & White - Midrange
- Multifunction Printer Black & White - High End
- Multifunction Printer Color - Low End
- Multifunction Printer Color - High End
OGS intends to issue approved Contracts for Lot 1 shortly.
Pursuant to §5.1, New York State Procurement Rights, in the above referenced Request For Proposals (RFP), the New York State Office of General Services (OGS) is making NO awards as a result of this solicitation for either Lot 2, Multifunction Printers (MFPs) - Ledger Size with Finishing Options; or Lot 3, Light Production and Production Printers.
OGS has determined that a number of the proposals received for Lots 2 and 3 are non-responsive because Bidders either failed to supply mandatory items or their proposals were otherwise deficient. Examples of Bidder omissions and deficiencies include:
- Failure to provide the correct Attachment 1 – Office Equipment Performance Specifications (Revised October 12, 2012);
- Failure to provide the correct Attachment 5 – Bidder Questions and Submittal Checklist (Revised October 12, 2012);
- Failure to provide bid pricing in accordance with the format required by the RFP; and
- Failure to meet the stated minimum specifications.
Consequently, OGS has determined that it is in the best interest of the State to make NO awards for Lots 2 and 3. Vendors should monitor the OGS Online Vendor Registration for Bidder Notification Service (OVR/BNS) for any future solicitations for printers: https://online.ogs.ny.gov/vendorregnet/Default.aspx. Vendors must be appropriately registered under OVR/BNS Classification Codes 43 and 44 to receive such notifications.
Please be reminded that this procurement is still in the “Restricted Period”. A Contractor/Offerer is restricted from making “contacts” from the earliest notice of intent to solicit offers through final award and approval (“Restricted Period”) to other than designated OGS staff unless it is a contact that is included among certain statutory exceptions set forth in State Finance Law §139-j(3)(a). Therefore, communications concerning this procurement may only occur via a designated contact as noted in the RFP and subsequent communications. Any questions or concerns regarding this solicitation should be directed to [email protected]