Salary Grade: 23
Bargaining Unit: PS&T - Professional, Scientific, and Technical (PEF)
Salary Range: From $79325 to $100342 Annually
Employment Type: Full-Time
Appointment Type: Contingent Permanent
Jurisdictional Class: Non-competitive Class
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Location: Empire State Plaza, Albany, New York
Seven years of experience in one or more of the following assignment areas with a national network, local network television affiliate, cable news, commercial media production facility, marketing communications agency or related operation.
a. Engineering or newsroom technology specialist, master control operator, media ingest operator, and/or media data center operator, OR
b. Production planner, production assistant, traffic coordinator, assistant account executive, or assignment editor, OR
c. News videographer, studio camera operator, art director, copywriter, graphic designer, video editor, producer, or web designer, OR
d. Broadcast engineer, uplink engineer, maintenance engineer, or broadcast systems integration.
Substitution: College study in a related field may be substituted for up to four years of experience with 30 credit hours equaling one year of experience.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and how to use each strategically.
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and quality.
- Demonstrated ability to manage several projects concurrently and meet strict deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, digital media, marketing, or a related discipline.
- Experience editing and working with the Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
The incumbent will serve as the Multimedia Producer for Creative Services team. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop, create, produce, and execute video content for marketing campaigns, training videos, social media, and more for government agencies across New York State.
- Research a variety of concepts and provide accompanied supporting creative and timetables for assigned projects.
- Manage and collaborate with editors, videographers, graphic designers, motion graphic designers, copy editors, and other stakeholders on OGS and state agency client projects.
- Manage, track, and maintain project budgets and timelines.
- Assist with other projects and tasks as needed.
- Travel, approximately 5%, is required depending on assignment.
- Possession and maintenance of a valid Driver’s License issued by the NYS Department of Motor Vehicle is required, or otherwise demonstrate the capacity to meet the transportation needs of the job.
What’s in it for you:
- Full-time, Monday through Friday work week.
- Opportunity to join a dedicated and professional team of creatively supportive people.
- Excellent New York State benefits like tuition reimbursement, health insurance, Paid Family Leave, and retirement plans.
Apply now if you are:
- A person who is passionate about storytelling.
- Someone who wants to own projects from concept to screen.
- A good writer who can take complex subject matter and simplify it for a large audience.
- Familiar with the principles of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and his influence on New York State politics, culture, and progressivism.
Note on Telecommuting
Employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to the agency’s Telecommuting Program Guidelines.
Due Date & How to Apply
Applications due March 28, 2023
Vacancy ID 126125
Please submit a cover letter and/or resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications.
Indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number of each position you are applying to.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Office of General Services, HRM
31st Floor Corning Tower
Empire State Plaza
Albany, NY 12242