Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Visitor Management Procedure
All visitors who are not New York State employees of the Eleanor Roosevelt State Office Building, must present a valid photo ID to the security guard, and sign in.
- State employee visitors must present an OGS-issued security photo identification card or a driver’s license to be issued a visitor pass through the VMS.
- New York State vendors and contractors will be treated as visitors and are subject to visitor access protocols (unless they have an OGS issued ID card).
- If the visitor does not have photo ID, an agency staff member must come to the security desk to verify the visitor’s identity.
- All visitors 17 years of age or older will be required to produce a valid photo ID.
- Visitors 16 years of age and under do NOT have to produce photo ID, but must be accompanied by an adult with a valid photo ID.
- Agency provides visitor appointment summary to Security a minimum of 24 hours prior to the day for which the individual(s) have appointments confirmed.
- Visitor must stop at guard desk, announce themselves, state purpose of visit, and the agency where they have an appointment.
- A photo ID must be presented.
- Guard confirms identification and that visitor is on approved list.
- Guard announces visitor to agency representative and records approval by agency representative.
- Upon acceptance by agency, agency representative escorts visitor, guard issues dated and time stamped temporary visitor pass.
- After completion of business agency representative escorts visitor to guard desk.
- Visitor signs out and guard collects visitor pass.
Acceptable Proofs of Identification for Admittance to OGS Facilities:
When identification is required, the following is a list of the acceptable proofs of identification for admittance to OGS facilities. All such forms of identification must include a clear photograph of the individual and be unexpired.
1. U.S. Passport or a U.S. Passport Card
2. Permanent Resident Card or an Alien Receipt Card (Form I-551)
3. Foreign passport
4. Driver’s license or non-driver ID card issued by a state or possession of the U.S.
5. Other government-issued ID card issued by a state or possession of the U.S. (including a NYS employee ID card)
6. U.S. Military ID card, or
7. U.S. Military dependent’s ID card
Individuals 16 years old and under do not have to produce proof of identification but must be accompanied by an adult with acceptable proof of identification.
Visitors to the Eleanor Roosevelt State Office Building may park in the visitor parking located in the front of the building.
Delivery & Loading Dock
- Large deliveries are made at the 1st-floor entrance. Prior notice is not necessary but appreciated.
- Truck height limit 15'5"