The Adam Clayton Powell, Jr. State Office Building, named in honor of the first black congressman from New York, is located in the heart of Harlem in New York City. The facility is a nineteen story highrise office building located on 125th street and stands as the tallest building in Harlem. This state-owned facility also plays a central role in the community and acts as the center for many public and private events and activities, including meetings, charitable events, health screening clinics, and numerous other outreach events. Each summer, a series of free concerts are held on the outdoor plaza.
Monday - Saturday
8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Summer Stage in Harlem
- Visitors must be pre-approved and entered into the visitor management system (VMS) by an agency representative.
- All visitors 17 years of age or older must present a valid photo ID to be issued a visitor pass through the VMS. Acceptable proof of identification is listed below.
- Visitors 16 years old and under do not have to produce proof of identification but must be accompanied by an adult with acceptable proof of identification.
- New York State vendors and contractors will be treated as visitors and are subject to visitor access protocols.
- If the visitor does not have a valid photo ID, an agency staff member must come to the security desk to verify the visitor’s identity and take responsibility for the visitor.
- All employees without a state-issued security ID card must be processed as a visitor and entered into the VMS to gain access to the building.
- Visitors to all public and agency events must present a valid photo ID.
- SUNY-EOC and BMCC students must present their school IDs.
- Manhattan Psychiatric Center volunteer clients must present their MPC ID cards.
- Report to the security desk, provide name and purpose of visit.
- Present a valid photo ID.
- Be photographed, if required.
- Allow bags and packages to be searched.
- Pass through metal detector
- Receive a visitor pass.
- Return visitor pass to the security desk or to the designated receptacle when exiting the building.
Acceptable Proofs of Identification for Admittance to OGS Facilities
The following is a list of the acceptable proofs of identification for admittance to OGS facilities. All such forms of identification must include a clear photograph of the individual and be unexpired.
- Driver’s license or non-driver ID card issued by a state or possession of the U.S.
- Other government-issued ID card issued by a state or possession of the U.S. (including an NYS employee ID card)
- U.S. Passport or a U.S. Passport Card
- Permanent Resident Card or an Alien Receipt Card (Form I-551)
- Foreign passport
- U.S. Military ID card, or
- U.S. Military dependent’s ID card
Public Transportation & Parking
MTA: A, B, C, D or 2, 3 to 125th Street
Parking: Visitors to the Adam Clayton Powell, Jr. State Office Building may park at any available parking spaces on the streets surrounding the facility. There is also paid parking at the Impark Parking Lot, located next to the facility on 126th Street.
Building Offices & Services
|Community Services & Organizations||
|Deliveries & Loading Dock||
|State Services Open to the Public||
Summer Stage in Harlem
July 25 - August 29
5:00 - 8:00 p.m.
|July 25 | 5:00 - 8:00 p.m.||
Songs of Solomon
|August 1 | 5:00 - 8:00 p.m.||R&B Night||
Bartlett Contemporaries with the Next Generation Sound
Ashley Keiko Chambers
|August 8 | 5:00 - 8:00 p.m.||Broadway Night||
Alton Fitzgerald White
Aisha de Haas
Harlem School of Arts
|August 15 | 5:00 - 8:00 p.m.||Memphis Harlem||
Keith "The Captain" Gamble Quintet
August 22 | 5:00 - 8:00 p.m.
The Feeling Messengers
|August 29 | 5:00 - 8:00 p.m.||Harlem Jazz & Music Fest||
Vy Higginsen Gospel for Teens
Impact Repertory Theatre