- Visitors must be pre-approved and entered into the visitor management system (VMS) by an agency representative.
- All visitors 17 years of age or older must present a valid photo ID to be issued a visitor pass through the VMS. Acceptable proof of identification is listed below.
- Visitors 16 years old and under do not have to produce proof of identification but must be accompanied by an adult with acceptable proof of identification.
- New York State vendors and contractors will be treated as visitors and are subject to visitor access protocols.
- If the visitor does not have a valid photo ID, an agency staff member must come to the security desk to verify the visitor’s identity and take responsibility for the visitor.
- All employees without a state-issued security ID card must be processed as a visitor and entered into the VMS to gain access to the building.
- Report to the security desk, provide name and purpose of visit.
- Present a valid photo ID.
- Be photographed, if required.
- Receive a visitor pass.
- Return visitor pass to the security desk or to the designated receptacle when exiting the building.
Acceptable Proofs of Identification for Admittance to OGS Facilities
The following is a list of the acceptable proofs of identification for admittance to OGS facilities. All such forms of identification must include a clear photograph of the individual and be unexpired.
- Driver’s license or non-driver ID card issued by a state or possession of the U.S.
- Other government-issued ID card issued by a state or possession of the U.S. (including an NYS employee ID card)
- U.S. Passport or a U.S. Passport Card
- Permanent Resident Card or an Alien Receipt Card (Form I-551)
- Foreign passport
- U.S. Military ID card, or
- U.S. Military dependent’s ID card