Traffic Cones, Channelizer Drums, Flexible Delineator Posts
Postconsumer Material: A material or finished product that has served its intended use and has been diverted or recovered from waste destined for disposal, having completed its life as a consumer item. Postconsumer material is a part of the broader category of recycled materials.
Traffic safety products shall, to the maximum extent practicable, be composed of a minimum of 50% total recycled rubber or plastic material content and a minimum of 10% postconsumer content.
|Item||Total Recycled||Post Consumer|
|Channelizer Drums w/ 25lb. base||50%||10%|
|Channelizer Drums w/ 40lb. base||50%||10%|
|Flexible Delineator Posts||50%||10%|
Packaging shall comply with Environmental Conservation Law section 37-0205. Packaging shall not contain inks, dyes, pigments, adhesives, stabilizers, or any other additives to which any lead, cadmium, mercury, or hexavalent chromium is intentionally added or contain incidental concentrations of lead, cadmium, mercury or hexavalent chromium which together are greater than 100 parts per million by weight (0.01%).
New York State encourages affected entities to adopt the following in order of preference when purchasing items that come in packaging:
- Items that do not need packaging, or the packaging is part of the product.
- Items that come in reusable packaging.
- Items that come in bulk packaging.
- Items that come in innovative packaging that reduces the amount of packaging.
- Items that come in packaging that remains the property of the supplier and does not become the property of the end user under any circumstance or condition. The vendor shall certify that the packaging material will be reused, recycled, or composted, and managed in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- Items that come in packaging that maximizes recycled or biodegradable (compostable) content and/or meets or exceeds the minimum post-consumer content level for packaging in the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Comprehensive Procurement Guidelines. Biodegradable products should only be used in areas where a composting facility exists that accept the material.
- Items that come in Packaging that is recyclable or biodegradable (compostable). Biodegradable products should only be used in areas where a composting facility exists and will accept the material.
The recommended recycled materials content levels are based on the dry weight of the raw materials, exclusive of any additives such as adhesive binders or coloring agents.