The New York State Office of General Services (OGS) is pleased to provide this website for use by institutions and the general public. Its purpose is to offer facility managers, school administrators, educators, parents, and citizens a wealth of free information and tools to promote the adoption of effective green cleaning practices, leading to healthier indoor environments.
Good to Know
- We have a new web address: ogs.ny.gov/green-cleaning - if you have bookmarks, be sure to update!
- Looking for training? You can now download all training materials. → Go To Training Manuals
- Looking for the OGS-approved Product List? → Go to Green Cleaning Product List
- Questions? Please email [email protected]
The list of Green Cleaning products does NOT include disinfectants. To identify disinfection products that are EPA and DEC registered and specifically labeled as effective for COVID-19 please see the DEC list at: https://www.dec.ny.gov/chemical/298.html.
For further guidance on cleaning and disinfecting in schools and other public and private facilities, please see the following guidance from the New York State Department of Health:
- Interim Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfection for Non-Healthcare Settings Where Individuals Under Movement Restriction for COVID-19 are Staying
- Interim Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfection of Public and Private Facilities for COVID-19
- Interim Cleaning and Disinfection Guidance for Primary and Secondary Schools for COVID-19
- Products Registered in New York for Use Against COVID-19
Use this contract to purchase cleaning supplies that comply with EO 4 requirements to use environmentally preferred cleaning and maintenance products.
Every state agency, public benefit corporation, municipality, and school districts, are required by law to purchase commodities & services from Preferred Sources first.
This list of Preferred Sources & OGS Centralized Contracts contains products that meet the state’s EO 4 sustainability product specifications.