Where to Start
Plan Your Project
Unsure where to start? Use these questions to guide your project and define your goals so we can help you achieve them.
Who: Define Your Audience
- Who are you trying to reach?
- How old is your targeted audience?
- What do you know about your audience’s lives, habits, or choices?
What: Communicate Your Message
- What is your key message?
- What is the most important thing you want your audience to know?
- What story are you trying to tell in this campaign?
- What emotion are you trying to evoke?
- What is the tone of the campaign?
- What information or research can you share with us that frames the scope of the issue?
What facts, tips, or information should we include or convey in this campaign?
When: Keep Your Project On Track
- When do you need to deliver, post, or broadcast the finished product?
- How long will it take to get necessary approval on each stage of the project?
Where: Locating Your Audience
- Where do you plan on distributing the finished product?
- Which areas of New York State will you target with this campaign?
Why: Communicate the Importance of Your Message
- Why are you highlighting this issue?
- What do you want the audience to do?
- What is your call to action?
- How does this message benefit the audience?
How: Creating Your Project
- What project type do you think will help you reach your audience?
- What methods are you hoping to use to target your audience?
- Are you launching a new website with this campaign, or will you be directing your audience to a website?
- Are you planning to share your project on social media?
- What is your budget?