The Office of Minority- and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (OMWBE) is responsible for ensuring that the Office of General Services (OGS) and its hosted agencies comply with the provisions of New York State Executive Law, Article 15A and the rules and regulations set forth in 5NYCRR, Part 140 – 145. These policies are intended to promote and encourage participation by minority and women-owned businesses in state contracting opportunities.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Policy Analysis and Review - The Office of Minority- and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (OMWBE) works closely with other OGS business units and state agencies to clarify, streamline and standardize the procurement process to reduce barriers to M/WBE participation in state bid opportunities.
- Goal Setting - OMWBE establishes a percentage goal for M/WBE participation for all applicable contracts established by OGS. These goals are incorporated in the solicitation for bids and resultant contracts.
- Reporting Results - OWMBE prepares reports for the Empire State Development that present OGS' performance results relative to M/WBE participation goals. Staff examine and interpret the data to identify opportunities to improve.
- Compliance Monitoring - OMWBE follows up with contractors and vendors to track whether M/WBE participation goals are being met and help address issues.
- Outreach and Education - OMWBE sponsors and participates in conferences, meetings, and other forums around the state throughout the year, in an effort to increase awareness and educate people about the state's M/WBE program and how to do business with New York State.
- Certification Assistance - OMWBE responds to questions about the M/WBE certification process and refers businesses to the Empire State Development, which receives and reviews applications and issues certifications.
Upcoming Events - Come Out and Meet Us!
Compliance and Reporting Forms
OGS Compliance and Reporting Forms for Commodity & Service Contracts, Consultant Contracts, and Construction Contracts.
Compliance and Reporting Forms
Utilization Plans and Waivers
See utilization plans submitted by bidders and waivers granted for OGS contracts including
commodities, services, technology, consultants and construction. OGS also posts utilization
plans and waivers for its hosted agencies, including State Liquor Authority, Division of
Alcoholic Beverage Control, Board of Elections, and Division of Veterans' Affairs.
Utilization Plans & Waivers
Get MWBE Certified
Empire State Development's Division of Minority and Women's Business Development certifies minority and women-owned businesses. Learn more about eligibility, application options – including fast track application, and how to apply on the Empire State Development website.
MWBE Online Certification Application
Find Certified MWBE Firms
Search Empire State Development's online directory for certified MWBE firms.
Directory of Certified MWBE Firms
Find Business Opportunities
- Learn how New York State buys goods and services, and where to look for opportunities - download the definitive Guide to Doing Business With New York State.
- Register your business on the New York State Contract Reporter to receive email notifications of opportunities in your business area. The Contract Reporter is the official online publication of state contracting opportunities.
- OGS Design & Construction
- OGS Centralized Contracts Bid Calendar
Office of Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises
New York State Office of General Services
Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Albany, NY 12242
Tel: (518) 486-9284
Fax: (518) 486-9285