|Visiting the Empire State Plaza
|Detours Related to Upcoming Repairs in Tunnels Under Swan Street Building
|Please be advised that starting July 8, scheduled work on the western tunnel roadways under the Swan Street Building will begin and continue through October 2013. (Preliminary site preparation work on the roadway and in the Swan Street garage will begin on May 18. This work will last approximately two weeks, and require shifts in traffic lanes.)
Tenant and visitor parking will not be affected; however, starting July 8, a new traffic pattern including detours will be put in place to access I-787 and the Empire State Plaza underground parking lots.
For more information, use the following interactive detour maps:
Motorists should be aware of the following changes that will be in place starting July 8 and continuing through October:
- No vehicle entrance into the south tunnel from lower Swan Street and
- No through traffic from westbound tunnel lane onto upper Swan Street.
- All traffic will be rerouted through local streets and utilize a temporary U- turn inside the tunnel that will provide access to all parking levels and the roadway to Madison Avenue from the P-1 South portal.
- Traffic signs and electronic message boards along main routes in downtown Albany and on North/Southbound I- 787 will provide updated traffic information.
- Temporary traffic barriers will be set up to protect the work area and redirect traffic.